The employees at Hemanext are committed to continuing the effort of the transfusion medicine community to save lives and improve patient outcomes. Our distinctive focus is on innovative systems enabling blood collection, processing, storage, and transfusion that will promote radical improvement in the quality, safety, efficacy, and cost of transfusion therapies.
The role of Senior Product Development Engineer has responsibility for user specifications, design and materials verification of medical devices for the purpose of blood preservation. As part of the product realization team, participate in voice of the customer, specifications, design and development planning and execution, and verification and validation activities. Be a key member in the development of next generation products and solutions in a company with opportunities for expansion in responsibilities
About the Role…
- Responsible for the specification, product design and development planning, testing and qualification of components, subassemblies and systems for anaerobic blood storage and preservation medical devices.
- Support cross-functional project teams in the development and life cycle of Hemanext blood transfusion products.
- Lead and be a significant contributor in efforts to translate product requirements into manufacturable cost-effective designs, determine and implement product improvements and complete verification and validation activities per design controls.
- Use independent judgment to assess project technical status, identify potential technical issues and determine the means to overcome technical problems.
- Estimate time and resources required for development activities, monitor progress, and provide updates to project manager.
About Your experience…
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing, developing, and gaining FDA clearance and CE Mark approval for medical device products required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in plastic disposable medical device design, fabrication, and assembly high preferred.
- Experience working in Blood Transfusion, Collection and Separation Technologies desirable.
- Experience growing intellectual properties through creation of novel solutions desirable
About Your credentials…
- Strong skills in design of experiments, data analysis, DFM, GD&T, Design for 6 Sigma techniques, written and verbal communications, leadership, and collaboration.
- Extensive knowledge in analyzing and solving problems in a disciplined fashion, ensuring clear understanding of the root cause(s) and efficient recommendations for resolution.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Visio, Minitab, and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and prioritize changing demands in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics/Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
What Hemanext offers you…
Hemanext is an early stage company founded on a decade of scientific research and innovation and dedicated to bringing advancements in the world of transfusion therapy, and by doing so, dramatically impacting the patient’s quality of life. We want to create what has never been done before for some of our sickest patients.
You will be working alongside some of the brightest, most creative, and patient-focused people you have ever worked with. We are looking for employees who have a passion and hunger to use their educational and professional experiences to achieve our mission. The stakes are high, and we are working a green-field of opportunity to bring about seismic change. If this appeals to you, we also offer,
Competitive comprehensive Health-care benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, an on-site gym (for our Lexington based employees), a 401K retirement plan, Life and disability insurance, 3 weeks’ vacation and fresh fruit and beverages to help keep your energy flowing!
To Apply → Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Linkedin.com.