The Senior Director, Commercial & Market Access EMEA is a highly visible and impactful role and will be responsible for the commercial and market access related activities for our current and future commercial products in the EMEA. It is a unique opportunity to shape the landscape and the organization for Hemanext and grow alongside the company as it develops.
The Senior Director Commercial & Market Access EMEA will be part of the European leadership team and will report to the Executive Vice President and General Manager EMEA. Leading the development of a best-in-class commercial and market access function, this function is responsible for the development of the EMEA regional commercial strategy in line with the global commercial strategy and executing on it. Responsibilities include preparing product launches throughout the region, customer interactions, competitor review, distribution, and payer channel review, utilizing the global positioning and pricing guidelines, financial analysis, building a team and performance tracking.
Reports to: Daan Kok, EVP and General Manager EMEA
The key responsibilities
- Map access landscape and commercial dynamics by country in region; Analyze market data, identify opportunities, and review customers’ expectations and feedback in close collaboration with other functions
- Develop a comprehensive regional brand plan in coordination with regional and global functions and line manager.
- Lead the commercialization efforts throughout the region by engaging with the medical and payer communities. Drive the adoption of Hemanext One through countries and clinical verticals.
- Responsible for ensuring global brand positioning, global marketing campaigns are leveraged and deployed effectively through local regional channels (incl. print, website articles, blog post, journal articles, social media posts, etc.) on existing and new target markets (product, geography, vertical) are adapted where necessary for use in region.
- Provide input in design branding, positioning, and pricing strategies in collaboration with global functions
- Provide regional feedback on message effectiveness to global to help in the optimization of the overall brand messaging.
- This is a global role as distribution partners get their materials from global not from the region. If they did then there would be potentially two sets of positioning, messaging which would be confusing. Develop and implement regional Market Access strategy in-line with the global market access strategy and value proposition for Hemanext One
- Lead development and ensure pull through of all access initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional team and distributors.
- Negotiate access to Hemanext One on a local, regional, and country level where applicable
- Serve as the commercial lead, responsible for all managed entry agreements in region.
- Participate in regular (demand) planning meetings and provide clarity about forecast
- Define future organizational structure for the regional commercial team and put structure in place
- Plan and be accountable for the commercial budget
- Communicate up-to-date and meaningful information and insights regarding market and competitor trends/developments/dynamics and incorporate into commercial strategies and tactical plans
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, regulations, and laws
- Establish and maintain relationships with commercial thought leaders, professional organizations, and partner companies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- 12+ years pharmaceutical commercial experience with key experiences operating within the Commercial and or Market Access space and experience leading commercial field-based teams.
- Experience and knowledge of EMEA market access landscape, specifically Europe and the Middle East
- Previous experience with hemoglobinopathies or oncology
- Prior experience negotiating access agreements with insurers and / or government bodies
- A true cross-functional collaborator who is familiar working within a matrix organization and combines excellent organizational with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in effective people management aligned with impactful objectives, commitment to develop and achieve high performance standards.
- A people manager who encourages others to try new approaches and take risks, acting with a sense of urgency, demonstrating commitment to achieve the business goals.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small to midsize-company environment
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to think strategically and operationally; analytical and solution-oriented; You are hands on
- Ability to travel overseas, willing to travel a significant proportion of time
- Languages: English and at least 1 other major European language
- Location: Candidate is based in one of the major European countries
To Apply → Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org