Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Patient Advocacy
The employees at Hemanext are committed to continuing the effort of the transfusion medicine community to save lives and improve patient outcomes. Our distinctive focus is on innovations systems enabling blood collection, processing, storage and transfusion that will promote radical improvement in the quality, safety, efficacy and cost of transfusion therapies.
We are looking for a seasoned Patient Advocacy professional to join us in our Lexington, MA office to be responsible for developing and implementing advocacy strategies for Hemanext. This role will find opportunities to develop support patient programs to address disease specific challenges, and collaborate with external patients advocate organizations.
About the Role…
- Lead development and execution of Hemanext’s patient advocacy strategy leading engagement with patient groups domestically and internationally.
- Lead relationship development with key advocacy and professional societies to ensure productive ongoing partnerships
- Leverage insights learned from the patient community, bring the patient perspective to Hemanext’s projects and decision-making and serve as the champion within Hemanext.
- Assess the landscape and liaise with internal stakeholders to define ongoing opportunities for patient engagement.
- Develop and maintain engagement strategies and tactics that may include educational programs, disease awareness initiatives, patient speaker engagement, social media engagement, clinical awareness trials and patient focused websites.
- Work closely with marketing communication and clinical teams to ensure Hemanext’s patient-focused vision is communicated to all external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic plan and holistic company philosophy around patient involvement and teamwork.
- Manage and track patient advocacy budget.
About Your experience …
- Ability to be a company ambassador with high emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong track record of developing and leading successful patient advocacy strategies and communications.
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, dynamic, enthusiastic, decisive, and self-motivated; possesses a sense of urgency with the ability and strong desire to “make things happen”.
- Proven experience successfully managing budgets.
- Strong project management skills specifically in developing schedules and maintaining deadlines
- Proven communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft product suite)
About Your credentials…
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline. Master’s degree a plus.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Recent experience developing and implementing patient advocacy strategies for novel product launches.
- 3+ years of direct experience working in a similar role at a therapeutics/med device company, where patient focus is priority #1
- 3 years of experience in rare disease is highly desirable.
What Hemanext offers you…
Hemanext is a pre-revenue company founded on a decade of scientific research and innovation and dedicated to bringing advancements in the world of transfusion therapy, and by doing so, dramatically impacting the patient’s quality of life. We want to create what has never been done before for some of our sickest patients.
You will be working alongside some of the brightest, most creative and patient-focused people you will have ever worked with. We are looking for employees who have a passion and hunger to use their educational and professional experiences to achieve our mission. The stakes are high, and we are working a green-field of opportunity to bring about seismic change.
If this appeals to you, we also offer comprehensive Health-care benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K retirement plan, Life and disability insurance along with 3 weeks’ vacation to start, and an on-site gym.
You must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States as a condition of employment.
Hemanext is a smoke-free, alcohol-free, and drug-free work environment.
Hemanext is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Hemanext will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply → Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Linkedin.com.