The employees at Hemanext are committed to continuing the effort of the transfusion medicine community to save lives and improve patient outcomes. Our distinctive focus is on innovations in systems enabling blood collection, processing, storage and transfusion that will promote radical improvement in the quality, safety, efficacy and cost of transfusion therapies.
Our team is looking for a motivated and highly organized individual to take the role of Office Manager/ Administrative Assistant in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Working as part of a dynamic, high-energy team, this person will have a desire to roll up their sleeves and get things done. We are a small team and are looking for someone who can work broadly and wear many hats. It is imperative that this individual be a self- starter who can function under minimal direction and see things through to completion. This individual will report to the VP Human Resources, support the President & CEO and interface with the executive leadership team and employees of the company.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and who can think outside the box to create efficiencies within his/her role. In addition to being organized with sound attention to detail, you must possess solid business judgment and the communication skills necessary to interact with a variety of people across different functions. Enthusiasm and resourcefulness are crucial to succeeding in this role, as well as a high level of professional integrity and confidentiality.
About the Role…
- Travel Plan Management: Well experienced with all aspects of travel arrangements and planning. Responsible for managing the domestic and international travel arrangements point-to-point for the CEO and periodic visitors to the Company. Will prepare detailed itineraries and comfortable with addressing random travel changes including those occurring during off hours.
- Meeting Management: Experienced managing meeting scheduling and event planning. Responsible for scheduling internal and external meetings, virtually and on site ensuring all components, conference rooms, communications, bookings, meals/snacks are addressed. Will coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors, visitor meetings and company events. Proficient at video and audio conferencing. Will run special celebratory events and holiday or summer events.
- Lobby & Reception Oversite: Greet visitors, make them feel welcomed. Manage COVID safety and sanitation protocols. Ensure supplies are available for visitors and employees to use, including thermometer, disinfectants, masks, visitor log book, order all supplies. Responsible for collecting and disseminating mail and packages, will ensure deliveries and shipment arrivals are communicated to internal requisitioners.
- Apartment Management: Responsible for ensuring that Lexington located Hemanext apartment is provisioned and cleaned at all times. Manages the relationships with property managers and Cleaning staff.
- Office Management: Oversees all common spaces, ensuring areas are clean and hallways are clear of unnecessary clutter. Has solid working relationship with property management and will communicate events or issues on the campus if they arise. Coordinates company work orders to fulfill office needs such as electrical or heating issues. Point person for printers and other office equipment to supply or respond to repair needs by calling vendors to address virtually or onsite visit. Manages provisioning of the kitchen and office supplies. Manages office Cleaners and will contact to request sanitation, special cleaning or routine cleanings for two Lexington sites.
About Your Experience…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years supporting C-Suite or other top-level senior leaders with a strong focus in scheduling and coordinating global travel.
- 3-5 years professional office management experience.
- 2+ years hands-on project management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About your Competencies and Attributes….
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Reliable and highly accessible. Available in the office during normal working hours and available out of hours, as our executives begin traveling again internationally.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively. Must be able to juggle multiple demands simultaneously, from the basic to the more complex.
- Sense of humor and ability to work enthusiastically across organizations and with diverse personalities.
- Remains calm under pressure. Thrives in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Operates with a high degree of independent judgment and absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
To Apply → Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Linkedin.com.