The employees at Hemanext are committed to continuing the effort of the transfusion medicine community to save lives and improve patient outcomes. Our distinctive focus is on innovations systems enabling blood collection, processing, storage and transfusion that will promote radical improvement in the quality, safety, efficacy and cost of transfusion therapies.
The Medical Director reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Director, Medical Affairs is a highly visible and impactful role. The Medical Director will be part of the European leadership team, lead by the Executive Vice President and General Manager EMEA, and will have a dotted line reporting responsibility to the EVP. The Medical Director will represent the medical and scientific strategy of the company’s CE marked product in the EU and will compliantly interact with the Commercial Franchise/Brand Team, as well as Global Medical Affairs personnel, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, and other departments.
The Medical Director will ensure that accurate and robust medical-scientific knowledge and clinical expertise are appropriately communicated through scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) regarding the Hemanext Processing System for RBCs. The Medical Director will be responsible for disseminating the results of the clinical studies and discussing Registry data as it becomes available. The Medical Director, in collaboration with appropriate colleagues, will identify the gaps in medical and scientific support and create and implement initiatives to address them. This person will organize ad boards, scope and scale the medical function within Hemanext EMEA to meet the needs of the future, support the publication and presentation of data at conferences, and partner with US colleagues to develop educational materials.
The Medical Director is the partner to business needs in driving the success of Hemanext in the EMEA and will explain how Hemanext One can change the paradigm in the world of RBC supply among the clinical community. This person functions as the internal medical expert in supporting sales and marketing in developing strategies and implementing tactics; and as our medical spokesperson with KOLs and non-clinical customers, leveraging the relationships with them while building trust. The Medical Director will also collaborate with Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Research and Development (CR&D) to support business objectives.
The EMEA Medical Director position offers a unique opportunity to shape the landscape and the organization and to grow alongside the company as it develops.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Represent the medical function in the EMEA leadership team
- Lead the development of the EMEA Medical Affairs Plan, accountable for execution within budget and timelines
- Work closely with US Medical Affairs team to ensure alignment and implementation of global strategies
- Develop a KOL management strategy and execution plan to build and maintain critical relationships
- Manage, oversee, and support an MSL field force
- Set the strategy for MSL field activities and KOL advocacy plans to build and maintain critical relationships and knowledge management
- Provide consultation to investigators and other company personnel on educational programs, market research, sales training, new vendor evaluation, and on other topics as appropriate
- Collaborate with Medical Information Department to assure that standard response letters are up to date, accurate, fair and balanced, and useful to health care providers
- Establish and develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Obtain advice through ad boards and HCP one-on-one meetings
- Partner with Hemanext CMO and Senior Clinical Trials Director to support the development of the ongoing clinical initiatives throughout the regions
- Ensure that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set-up and pursued in accordance with respective local laws.
- Ensure legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per Hemanext’s SOPs and local regulations
- MD or bio-science background (PhD)
- 10+ years in Pharma industry, experienced Medical Director
- 5+ years’ experience managing a region of multiple countries. An additional proven understanding of the clinical landscape is a strong plus.
- Previous experience with hemoglobinopathies, coagulation and/or acquired bleeding
- Familiarity with regulatory bodies in Europe is essential
- A true cross-functional collaborator who is familiar with working within a matrix organization and combines excellent organizational with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in effective people management aligned with impactful objectives, commitment to develop and achieve high performance standards.
- Ability to develop scientifically credible and respected working relationships with HCPs and non-clinical customers
- Motivated to search, read, interpret, and convey pertinent medical literature in the relevant therapeutic areas and establish themself as a valuable resource to both HCP and non-clinical customers
- Cultivate collaborative working relationships between Medical Affairs and cross-functional team members.
- Maintain a high level of ethical and compliance standards
- A strong manager who encourages others to try new successful approaches to traditional issues, is able to act with a sense of urgency if needed, and who will demonstrate commitment to achieve the business goals.
- Mobile, willing to travel a significant proportion of time (40 – 50%)
- Languages: English and at least one other major European language
- Location: Candidate is based in one of the major European countries, Switzerland, or The Netherlands
How to apply
To Apply → Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.