The employees at Hemanext are committed to continuing the effort of the transfusion medicine community to save lives and improve patient outcomes. Our distinctive focus is on innovations systems enabling blood collection, processing, storage and transfusion that will promote radical improvement in the quality, safety, efficacy and cost of transfusion therapies.
Hemanext is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our growing IT department. The ideal candidate demonstrates polished professionalism and is a creative thinker with excellent organizational and customer service skills who can find innovative ways to accomplish complex tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to kick-start your career in technology with an exciting and reputable company. This role will support Director in maintaining in-house computer systems, networks and security systems, cloud platforms, perform upgrades, write reports, and supports employees and consultants with IT technical assistance using an approach that is a blend of customer service, technical expertise, and an understanding of needs and expectations.
About the Role…
- Provides IT related assistance to employees for the use of computer hardware, software and other IT devices
- Acts as a liaison for the site IT operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns
- Works with the employee to gain knowledge of the problem and working with the employee to resolve throughout the lifecycle of the problem, as well as ownership and responsibility for seeing it through to completion.
- Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support
- Desktop and laptop administration, applications, remote access, troubleshooting and upgrading of IT devices, and security services for all end-user devices.
- Checks computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards etc.), conference units to ensure functionality and escalates issues to other technical teams
- Maintains printers and order ink cartridges and other required printer components [drum cartridges, toner waste, toner fuse, toner belts]
- Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment
- Helps setting up and coordinating with designated technical resources new employee machines, coordinates required software needs according to specifications within guidelines
- Maintains records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule and document, tracks and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution
- Maintains access system key card requests and escalate issues to other technical resources
- IT Asset management
- The position requires working a minimum 40 hours per week. Occasional weekend work as required
About Your experience …
- Minimum 2 years of computer user support experience (Helpdesk Tier I support)
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining machines in a Windows 8, 10, MAC
- Basic network technologies and VoIP knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 package
- Experience in printer troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of common software applications and processes
- SolidWorks, Visio, Minitab and GoToMeeting knowledge is a plus
- Experience in Medical Device, Pharma or Biotechnology industry is a plus
- Experience at another MSP (Managed Service Provider) is a plus
About Your credentials…
- Experience interacting with employees at all levels and great communication skills including the ability to present technical information in an easily understood manner
- Demonstrated success handling multiple, concurrent work assignments
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to maneuver under desks in order to fix/install equipment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
About Your Education:
- BSc degree in a technology area or equivalent experience
- Microsoft certification and experience (is a plus)
- VMware and AWS working knowledge (is a plus)
What Hemanext offers you…
Hemanext is a pre-revenue company founded on a decade of scientific research and innovation and dedicated to bringing advancements in the world of transfusion therapy, and by doing so, dramatically impacting the patient’s quality of life. We want to create what has never been done before for some of our sickest patients.
You will be working alongside some of the brightest, hardworking and patient-focused people you will have ever worked with. We are looking for employees who have a passion to use their experiences to achieve our mission.
If this appeals to you we offer Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, a 401K retirement plan, Life and disability insurance, and 2 weeks paid time off to start.
You must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States as a condition of employment.
Hemanext is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Hemanext is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Hemanext will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply → Please send your resume to email@example.com or apply through Linkedin.com.