The employees at Hemanext are committed to continuing the effort of the transfusion medicine community to save lives and improve patient outcomes. Our distinctive focus is on innovations systems enabling blood collection, processing, storage and transfusion that will promote radical improvement in the quality, safety, efficacy and cost of transfusion therapies.
The Facilities Manager will be hands-on for the day-to-day maintenance of, expansion of, and improvement of Hemanext sites and storage facilities. Will ensure the buildings and facilities remain safe, functional, meet OSHA, Regulatory, and State requirements, and will ensure good business practices are followed for our engineering and blood labs, manufacturing team and employees. Under limited supervision the Facilities Manager will manage related permits, contracts, trades, policies and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiencies. The Facilities Manager will be well-organized, flexible, able to handle multiple simultaneous projects and be experienced with fast ramp growth and change in a highly regulated, medical device or pharma industry. The facilities Manager will ensure Quality standards are met in all areas in role scope. This is a full-time, on-site position with shared time in Lexington, and Avon, Massachusetts.
About the Role…
- Facilities Management
- Establish and communicate Preventative Maintenance Program including documentation practices.
- Equipment Life-cycle assessment, requirements and plan implementation.
- Compliance with all industry regulations including documentation.
- Property Management
- Manage current properties – 2 sites, 4 storage facilities and 2 apartments.
- Manage leasing, cleaning and other related contracts.
- Manage and work with all trades, town/city agencies to meet timely inspections and posting of permits.
- Space Management
- Project manage all activities around staff moves, redesigns of labs, conference rooms with least disruption to ongoing work.
- Manage Interior Facility
- Respond to facility and equipment problems in an appropriate manner during and after regular business hours.
- Manage the disposal of trash and recyclables.
- Manage the shipments/receipt of products and supplies
- Provision kitchen supplies, office supplies, cleaning and coronavirus related supplies; order, hang, install, upkeep and improve as needed.
- Oversee regular facilities inspections, and repair or replace eg: wall paint, signage, carpet and floor coverings, interior lighting, HVAC and air quality, furniture/desk/office furnishings, kitchen appliances and lab equipment.
About Your experience …
- Minimum 3 years’ Facilities Management, plus 5 years progressive facilities or maintenance roles
- Due to the nature of the needs of the business may be required to work a flexible daily schedule.
- Remains current on emerging facility technology and monitoring systems
About Your credentials…
- 6-10 years’ experience in progressive facilities or maintenance roles
- Formal training in one or more areas including heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR),
- Ability to install low voltage electrical wiring a plus
- HVACR and EPA certification to handle refrigerants a plus
- OSHA 10 required; OSHA 30 certification a plus
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel etc.
About Your Industry Experience…..
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Medical Device, Pharma or Biotechnology industry OR, in a highly regulated environment.
What Hemanext offers you…
Hemanext is a pre-revenue company founded on a decade of scientific research and innovation and dedicated to bringing advancements in the world of transfusion therapy, and by doing so, dramatically impacting the patient’s quality of life. We want to create what has never been done before for some of our sickest patients.
You will be working alongside some of the brightest, most creative and patient-focused people you will have ever worked with. We are looking for employees who have a passion and hunger to use their educational and professional experiences to achieve our mission. The stakes are high, and we are working a green-field of opportunity to bring about seismic change.
If this appeals to you, we also offer comprehensive Health-care benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, an on-site gym (for our Lexington based employees), a 401K retirement plan, life and disability insurance, 3 weeks’ vacation and fresh fruit and beverages to help keep your energy flowing!
To Apply → Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Linkedin.com.